The International Bank Note Society (IBNS) was founded in 1961. It operates as a non-profit educational organization and in furtherance of such purpose, its objectives are to promote, stimulate, and advance the study and knowledge of worldwide banknotes and paper currencies and all matters related thereto along educational, scientific and historical lines. Currently the IBNS has over 2,000 members in more than 90 countries.
Members enjoy a number of benefits: a quarterly printed journal containing information on new issues and learned studies on paper money, a membership directory with contacts and dealers to further their collections, professional assistance in the unpleasant event of controversy between collectors, and many other useful tools.
The goal of the IBNS web site is to provide a range of services to its members and to paper money collectors in general. Visitors to these pages can co-operate in the development of our site by sending in their comments, opinions, hints, ideas, expectations, and wishes. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits of Membership
Upon being granted membership of the IBNS you will receive:
- A Membership card and Lapel Pin
- The IBNS Journal – produced quarterly. A full colour, magazine containing articles on topics related to the hobby allowing members to share their knowledge and research and news relevant to banknotes and paper curriences, along with details of new banknote issues. In addition to being distributed by post, the IBNS Journal is also available in electronic (PDF) format from the members area of the website.
- The IBNS Directory – containing the contact details and collecting interests of over 2000 members. The directory is is updated and published every two years.
- Access to the Members area of the IBNS Website where information is available on a wide range of topics, and every issue of the IBNS Journal (since 1961, numbering over 200) is available to download.
- Access to the Members Forum, a forum for discussion on any subject relating to worldwide banknotes and paper currencies.
- The Expert Panel, subject matter experts in their fields who are available to advise and answer your questions.
- The IBNS Auction – a mail bid auction held annually containing several thousand lots covering all corners of the world
- The Banknote of the Year Award – every member has the opportunity to nominate their favorite new banknote of that year, considering elements such as artistic merit, or new security features. From those nominations the members vote to select the winner.
- Professional assistance in the unpleasant event of controversy between collectors
- Discounted Entry to IBNS Sponsored and organized Events & Shows
Now the society has about 2000 participants from 94 world countries.
You can find friends in the following countries: Albania, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea South, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Viet Nam.